What Is Bluetooth Low Energy
Bluetooth LE, full name is Bluetooth Low Energy, colloquially BLE, it’s a wireless personal area network technology designed and marketed by the Bluetooth SIG aimed at novel applications in the healthcare, fitness, beacons, security, and home entertainment industries, etc. It is independent of Bluetooth BR/EDR and has no compatibility, but BR/EDR and LE can coexist.
Until now BLE has developed BLE 5.2, BLE 5.1, BLE 5.0, BLE 4.2, BLE 4.0 Bluetooth LE version, compared to Classic Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy is intended to provide considerably reduced power consumption and cost while maintaining a similar communication rang, the data rate normally lower than Classic Bluetooth, the iOS device only supports Bluetooth LE for data transmission by default, and normally, the data rate is about 4KB/s for BLE, but Feasycom company has the Bluetooth module supports BLE data rate up to 75KB/s. The speed is many times faster than ordinary BLE.
The FSC-BT836B and FSC-BT826B Bluetooth 5.0 dual mode modules are highly recommended for applications that require high data rate, these two models simultaneously support Classic Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE.
Bluetooth LE mainly includes two protocols: GATT and SIG Mesh. For GATT profile, it divided into GATT central and peripheral (also known as GATT client and server).
Bluetooth LE has some profiles for sporting and fitness accessories include:
- BCS (Body Composition Service)
- CSCP (Cycling Speed and Cadence Profile) for sensors attached to a bicycle or exercise bike to measure cadence and wheel speed.
- CPP (Cycling Power Profile)
- HRP (Heart Rate Profile) for devices which measure heart rate
- LNP (Location and Navigation Profile)
- RSCP (Running Speed and Cadence Profile)
- WSP (Weight Scale Profile)
- IPSP (Internet Protocol Support Profile)
- ESP (Environmental Sensing Profile)
- UDS (User Data Service)
- HOGP (HID over GATT Profile) allowing Bluetooth LE-enabled Wireless mice, keyboards and other devices offering long-lasting battery life.
- TI CC2640R2F chipset
- BLE 5.0
- FCC, CE, IC certified
FSC-BT630 | Small Size Bluetooth Module nRF52832 Chipset
- Nordic nRF52832 chipset
- BLE 5.0, Bluetooth Mesh
- Small size with on-board antenna
- Supports multiple connections
- *FCC, CE, IC, KC certified